Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A good laugh!

I finally got a chance to play with horses again after some wicked weather. I wonder how the folks up north deal with snow and cold when I live in south Louisiana. Our weather is so mild in the winter, usually. Gizmo cut the back of his foot and he is out of commission, so that means Can do was the center of my attention. Yesterday I tried to find a high spot to play so the yard wouldn't get chopped up. It got chopped up anyway, oh well. We worked on trying to walk a circle on a 12' line. We have had to back track lately because of right brained behavior. She could not walk one lap without breaking into a trot. It took about ten laps before I got it then we changed sides and that one was worse. We did accormplish it though. End of session! Today I started again and we were back in the same boat. We were eventually successful. I got some good laughs playing with her. Being dominant, she pins her ears when I suggest she go a certain direction. Well that doesn't sit well with me. When I'm being provacative, however, she turns into a clown. She tries all kinds of stuff not to do what I ask and looks at me to see my reaction. This is so funny! She does it in a fun way. I hope when I go to Kelly Sigler's clinic that she behaves this way so others can see her horsenality. It also makes me realize that I need to be more interesting and not so boring for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment